Martin Luther King Day, a national holiday in our country, was under celebrated today because of the pandemic.  It was certainly very quiet here with just my sister, my granddaughter, and I.  I finally started to read “A Promised Land” by Barack Obama-he’s a really good writer!! I was drawn to his story from the first sentence in the preface.  I’d probably still be reading it if I didn’t have to put a 7 year old to bed.  I swear she still suffers the effects of  in uterine drug abuse by some of her behaviors, especially at night.  Its harder than hell to get her to go to sleep. It’s like she comes alive at night.  Her mom didn’t do her any favors when she chose to continue using heroin, or meth, or whatever was her drug of choice while she was pregnant with this beautiful little girl.  I hope for her sake, it’s gets easier for her as she gets older.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Inheritance

American income life