So the plan was to write this blog daily, but obviously that didn’t happen.  What did happen, though, was COVID.  My oldest granddaughter said she didn’t feel well, her symptoms got worse , so I took her to get tested.  2 days later she got back positive results.  Then her dad got sick, followed by her 14 year old sister and me.  My results came back positive on December 16th.  I never got as sick as everyone else.  I mean I had a serious headache, constant fatigue,  and an annoying cough, but I never had a temperature above 99.6 m, nor the congestion everyone else had.  They lost their sense of smell, but I didn’t.  After we all recovered, but before our quarantine ended, my niece came home from her grandmother’s despite my asking her to wait until I told her the coast was clear.  Guess what, she got very ill, spiking  temps between 100.3 and 101. 3.  I had her tested on January 3rd and got the positive results the very next day.  This ended up keeping my youngest granddaughter out of school and daycare. She can’t go back to either until January 25th.  So she’s been away from both since December 11th which is not good for her at all.  It’s not good for me either because I’ve had to stay gone with her.  I finally was able to return to part time work January 6th 12N to 3:30 with working Monday and Tuesday 8-4:00.  It really cuts into my current responsibilities at work and into my pay.  Thank God I’m collecting a good social security check and I was able to get the stimulus payment. More than that though, my patience for a 7 year old who has a difficult time listening or following direction is quickly dissipating.  I love this little girl more than anyone, but she needs her friends and the structure of daycare and school.  Her routine is disrupted, and though I know that I guess my expectations are higher. I’ve tried to be more patient with her, but I need a lot more practice.  She’s been good these last 2 days though, so that’s a good thing. She is the only 7 year old in the house.  Everyone else is 14 and older, so it’s difficult for her when she has no one her own age to hang out with.  

This brings me to the weekend which hadn’t been too bad.  The wind storm on Wednesday destroyed our trampoline so Ron and I took it apart and put the metal pieces all in one place so I can take it to Pacific Steel.  Today I gathered as many of the branches as I could and put them in s pile, but it was getting way too cold outside to hang out. Ron went out later and chopped all of the big stuff up for me so I can get rid of them easier.  The yard looks good for now, but I hear we will have snow next week,  if it’s a heavy snow, I’ll probably have more branches to deal with.

Now I’m up- to date on my blog and so I’m going to end today’s story.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Inheritance

American income life