Self Contol

 Finally I’m on the positive side of zero in my bank account, but I’m finding it difficult not to pay some bills early.  I have to keep reminding myself that the goal is to reduce the number of overdraft fees.  If I can actually do that, then when I get paid each month I’ll actually have $2000 left in my bank account after the bills are paid, and I’ll be able to catch my mortgage up so I’m not running a month behind all year.  As it stands right now, I may be getting a refund over $5000. If that really happens and my bank account isn’t in the red, I can comfortably pay for our DC trip, and have money to spare.  Could this actually be happening for me?  

I want to pay some money back to the family trust so if for some reason Elaine doesn’t move by the end of next month, there is money to cover the utilities until she moves.  Although I’m praying that she finds something within the next 2 weeks and is able to move out by mid February. 

This whole thing hinges on me not being over anxious to pay bills earlier than necessary.  That’s what puts me in the red every time.  Those $27 fees add up and they are difficult to come back from.  

When I was at the store today I went in with a list which included swifter solution, cat food, cold medicine for Alyseia, and butter.  While there I decided to get cat litter, cleaning spray for the cat odor, and triple A batteries.  I also bought some miniature peanut butter cups and tapioca pudding. The total came to $90.73 which included the grocery bag. The expensive items were the cold medicine, cat food, cat litter, and batteries.  All of the other items were under $10, but the only unnecessary item were peanut butter cups and tapioca pudding.  I guess that’s not too bad, it could have been worse. 

The other thing I’m trying to do is cook more meals at home, and buy less fast food.  This is hard for the two younger girls who like McDonalds and Wendy’s, but I’ve been getting better at telling them if they want it, it has to come out of their money, and not mine. I pay them an allowance, so they usually can afford it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Inheritance

American income life